One of the best ways to keep your car in top-notch condition is by having it professionally detailed. While there are many different options for just about any car owner, among the most popular is professional detail.
Car detailing is an easy process that should take you a couple of hours and make your vehicle look brand new again.
What is Car Detailing?
Car detailing is a service offered by professional detailers. These specialists strive to bring out the best in your car, from interior to exterior and everything in between.
They advise you on ways to keep your vehicle running great for a long time and how to shield it from the environment around it.
The process is done at regular intervals to give your vehicle a new look.
Are you looking for car detailing Richmond VA? You might think all the vehicles are the same, but you need to research extensively before choosing a new detailing service for your car.
How Often Does A Vehicle Need Professional Car Detailing?
Most of the time! The frequency of detailing your vehicle depends on how often you drive it and how much use you make out of it. Generally, cars that are used a lot should be detailed at least once a week.
You can also get it done more often if you want. A car used a lot, like those owned by delivery services, has to have detailing done at least once a month.
If you drive your vehicle frequently in town or take your kids for rides to school and other activities, then you should consider having professional detailing every other week or maybe every week.
How Late Is Too Late To Get Your Vehicle Detailed?
There’s no such thing as “too late” when it comes to getting your vehicle professionally detailed in Richmond, VA. It is always better to do maintenance services with professional help than do them yourself.
How Long Does It Take To Do Professional Car Detailing?
The time it takes to do professional car detailing depends on the dealer you are going to and the condition of your vehicle. It could take up to three hours to two days.
Some dealers charge extra for making changes within the car, such as adding polishing items, and others will provide this service free of charge.
Detailing has become a popular service throughout the United States and Richmond, Virginia to be precise.
Many different things can be done when it comes to car detailing. The type of car can dictate what kind of treatment is needed. In general, the process entails cleaning, polishing, waxing, and sealing.
Mobile detailing is a service that is most commonly used and probably the least expensive. A car detailing company can come to your location to provide you with the car detailing services you need.
Some car dealerships will offer this service. They are usually partnered up with auto detailers who can provide any of the services mentioned below and others like cleaning and special events, paint jobs, and minor repairs such as changing tires, putting in new stereo systems, etc.
Hand Waxing Or Other Waxing Methods
A professional detailer will begin waxing by cleaning the vehicle to ensure there are no oils on it for this process to work correctly. It is challenging for waxing to adhere to an oily surface.
Once the vehicle has been cleaned and dried, the detailer will apply a small amount of polish or wax. This polish is a finishing polish.
It will be applied by hand or with a machine like a buffer, but it’s always best to go with someone who uses the hand application because this ensures that no swirls are left on the car.
The detailing process will continue polishing until your vehicle has reached its desired shine level. The polishing must occur before waxing because if you were to apply wax on top of already polished areas of your car, it would be challenging to remove said wax later.
In detailing your car, the vehicle will have to go through the ceramic coating process. The ceramic coating is applied to your paint job to create a very smooth surface.
The ceramic coating protects your car from outside elements that might scratch or damage it, such as stones, tar, and bugs.
The ceramic coating Richmond VA will also help reduce heat from entering your vehicle. This can be very beneficial for those who live in areas where temperatures are very high during certain times of the year.
Paint Correction Services
While detailing, you can request that any scratches and dents in your car be removed with the paint correction service. Your vehicle will then be returned to its pre-detailed state. This specific service is more expensive than the other services mentioned above.
If you have a device that’s constantly in your vehicles, such as a navigation system, a CD player, or an iPad, and you want to use it in your car at all times, you can request mobile setups.
Some detailed dealers will come to your location and install said devices for you.
Some dealerships that offer professional detailing services might provide you with other services such as interior and exterior cleaning, wiper blade replacement, tire pressure, etc. The dealership itself should provide these services and not by a competing detailer.
Benefits of Car Detailing in Richmond VA
You can have your vehicle detailed by anyone. However, it’s better to go with a known and trustworthy detailer. Some of the benefits of having professional car detailing done on your vehicle are:
- Professional car detailing will create a safer environment for you and your passengers. This is because it will keep people from being able to see the dirt, bacteria, and other hidden debris that may be all over your seat, dashboard, or any other place in your passenger area without any seeing it first. If you want to help your car maintain a certain level of protection, you can opt for a scratch repair kit.
- Professional car detailing will keep your car well maintained. When you opt for professional car detailing, you can be sure that aside from the overall cleanliness of your vehicle, it will also be well maintained. This means it will look great and won’t have any dents or dings. It also doesn’t mean that this service will make a whole new vehicle out of your old one just by doing a quick cleaning.
- Professional car detailing can help you save money in the long run since it’s cheaper than buying new parts in the future when they break down or get lost (assuming you have good insurance).
Average Cost of Car Detailing
While prices can vary depending largely on your vehicle size and location, on average, you can spend between $200 and $600 for full detailing. When it comes to painting correction, that range is around $500.
The average cost of winter car detailing Richmond, VA, will vary depending on the weather. Winter is less cold and dry, so you can expect to spend less for winter services, but you can expect to pay more for this service since there’s more work involved when you have snowfall.
How to Get a Legit Detailing Dealership
Now comes the hard part: finding a legit detailing dealership in Richmond, Virginia.
Here’s what to look for:
- You want to see if they’re certified. However, not all certifications are trustworthy, and it is always better to see if they are certified. Especially by someone who has been known to provide quality certification such as the International Claybar Association, The Car Care Council, or even the Auto Spa Association.
- You want to see if they have references. This is crucial because it will ensure that you’re getting a service from a reputable company and not a fly-by-night business that doesn’t know what they’re doing.
- You want to make sure the employees are friendly and not condescending or rude. If you’re trying to get something done, these things can cause a lot of frustration. It’s essential that you feel like your car is in good hands and that everyone there will be able to lend their expertise to fix whatever problem you’ve got going on with your vehicle.
- You want to look at the background of the business. You can do this by going online and seeing many bad reviews on their website, Yelp, or Google.
- Make sure they are available and can be reached easily. This is important if you need to get your car detailed urgently.
Detailing is substantial for your vehicle because it prolongs the life of your car and helps it retain its maximum resale value. Professional detailing at regular intervals will allow vehicle owners to enjoy their vehicles, add value to their cars, and save money in the long run. Luckily, many cars are detailing Richmond VA options for you.