Most people love a clean car. It is one of the most rewarding feelings in the world to drive down the street and see your reflection in another shiny, new cars window. But keeping a car looking great is not easy work. Every other day, many steps must be taken to keep it shining bright like new! Automobile detailing Richmond VA can help you maintain your car to always look good for years ahead.
Many car owners do not know how to clean their cars or what products they should use. They might try a product that does not work and then spend the next hour scrubbing off stains from it. This is one of those jobs where there are no shortcuts. But if you follow these easy tips, your car will always look great!
Step One: Gather your Supplies
- bucket or container to hold the water
- car wash soap
- sponge or rag
- soft brush (optional)
Step Two: Prerinse the Vehicle
If the car is filthy, you might need to pre-rinse with the hose. This will help the soap and the bucket water do their job better.
Step Three: Time for car wash
Soak your sponge or rag in the soapy water and wash down one section of your vehicle at a time. Do not forget to scrub all tires until they are clean too! Use overlapping strokes with pressure on tougher areas, but be gentle around delicate surfaces like car’s headlights or decals.
Step Four: Rinse off the soap
This is similar to step two, but you will need fresh water and a new rag or sponge. Rinse everything thoroughly until there are no suds left behind on your vehicle. It might take several rinses all over for this part of cleaning because it can be difficult to get away from every nook and cranny. Automobile detailing Richmond VA use high-pressure water systems to make this part much easier.
Step Five: Towel Dry the Vehicle
Use a towel to dry off your car, making sure to get into all of the cracks and crevices. Start at the top and work your way down. If you have a soft brush, this would be an excellent time to use it. It will help remove any excess water and speed up the drying process.
Step Six: Apply a Wax or Polish
This optional step will help your car look even better! Choose a wax or polish designed for your type of car’s paint. Make sure to follow all instructions because incorrect applications can damage your vehicle.
Step Seven: Don’t forget the Windows!
The windows can be a challenge to keep clean, but they are just as important. Use a glass cleaner and paper towel or squeegee to get them streak-free. Windshield wipers work best when the blades are kept in good condition, so make sure to replace them when necessary. A dirty windshield is not only dangerous for driving, but it can also be distracting.
Benefits of Automobile Detailing
- Increases the resale value of your car
- It makes it easier to sell when you are ready
- It keeps your vehicle looking great and feeling like new!
Car detailing Richmond VA can make a huge difference in how well maintained and clean your car is. There isn’t any other way to get all of the nooks and crannies clean than to have professional car detailers in Richmond VA do it for you.
Car cleaning tips
Below are some car cleaning tips to help you keep your car looking clean and shiny!
- Use a microfiber cloth to clean the exterior of your vehicle.
- Always wash and dry your car in shaded areas or where it is cool outside. Water that dries too quickly can cause water spots, which are difficult to remove!
- Avoid products with ammonia since they can damage sensitive surfaces like paint or plastic.
- Don’t use dish soap to clean your car. It is designed to cut through grease and oil, which you do not want on your vehicle!
- Invest in a good quality wax or polish to protect your paint surface.
- If your car has a vinyl top, be sure to use a soft brush and a product designed for vinyl to clean it.
- Apply a wax or polish every few months to help protect the paint job from fading and scratches.
- Clean the windows with a glass cleaner and a paper towel or squeegee. Windshield wipers work best when the blades are kept in good condition.
- If you have a pet, be sure to vacuum and clean up any fur or hair that may get on your car’s interior. Regularly shampooing the carpets and seats will also help keep them looking new.
Following these tips should help keep your car looking great for many years!